Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Featured Artist Tuesday!

Well peeps it's that time again! Here is your Featured Artist for "Featured Artist Tuesday"!

If you are looking for today's aromatherapy post, just scroll down.

So our artist today is.....wait for it....wait for it....


Agasunset!!!

This wonderful gal has some beautiful lacy treasures! Let's learn a bit about her in her own words.....




" Hello everyone, my name is Angie and I'm in love with lace!
 From the time of my first recital I fell in love with the delicate, intricate look of lace.  I could collect, adore and just simply enjoy lace's exquisite aspect.

From a very young age I was looking for a way to make lace myself by crochet, knitting or even macramé, but it wasn't until I learned tatting that I lost myself in this fine art. 

Tatting, the knot lace, is mostly used in doily or edging making. It's so delicate and strong at the same time that people use it for many heirloom pieces. Since I was always thinking outside the box, I don't use this technique the  traditional way. 

Now my lace looks nothing like traditional table cloth but still is an amazing heirloom.

 I make jewelry using cotton thread and beading, that makes my work stand out and be unique like no other. In my shop you will find pieces from bracelet, necklaces and earrings to anklets, wrislets and even lace masks. 

The most outstanding conversational piece is my collection of foot lace. As a huge shoe lover I am constantly looking for new designs. Living in NY limits my closet space so I designed lace add ons that I keep in my dresser. That way I can have 10 new pairs of shoes in one drawer.

My collection of shoelery is perfect to dress up your shoes for any occasion. Just visit my website to see for yourself."



Angie can be found at the followng links

www.agasunset.etsy.com (Currently under construction untill Sept. 15)

No comments: