Merry Thursday Everyone!
While I am still under the weather, I just couldn't bear to have 3 post-less days in a row; I am going to share some herbal recipes you can use to feel refreshed.......
Refreshing Herbal Recipes
Refreshing Elderflower Cordial~Not only is this cordial(non-alchoholic) soothing, it also helps to strengthen your immune system, is diuretic and tastes fantastic!
- 10 whole heads of elderflower blossoms
- 750g granulated sugar
- 2 lemons (unwaxed and organic), chopped
- 25g tartaric acid
- 2 litres water
1. Place the sugar, lemons, tartaric acid and elderflowers in a bowl
2. Pour over 2 litres of boiling water and stir well. Cover with a fresh tea towel (any small towel), and leave for 24 hrs, stirring occasionally.
3. Strain through a fine sieve and pour into glass wine bottles.
4. Dilute with sparkling mineral water to taste
Peppermint Bath Fizz~A peppermint bath after a long, hot sweaty day is just what the doctor ordered!
- 80g bicorbonate of soda
- 1 tsp citric acid
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 tbsp lavender flowers
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
1. Mix together the bicarbonate of soda and citric acid
2. Add the peppermint oil and the fresh herbs. Blend well
3. Press the mixture into moulds-an egg cup would be ideal
4. Add the bomb to running bath water.
Rose Flower Water~Use this English Rose water as a daily toner to smooth away wrinkles and clear blemishes. A wonderful rejuvenator for mature skin.
- 1 cup fresh rose petals
- 1/3 cup vodka (60% proof)
1. Collect the rose petals and lay them out on blotting paper in a single layer before using
2. Place the petals in a large, glass screw-top jar and add the vodka
3. Put in a warm place to steep for 7 days. Shake vigorously for 1 minute each day. Strain liquid
4. Decant the liquid into glass bottles. Store in a cool place for up to a year.