Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Featured Artist Tuesday!





G'morning! Today I present, for your viewing pleasure, a gal that loves her craft work and is inspired by many to keep learning and building her already wonderful skills....

So without further ado...I present....


Angelique Proprietor of Drunkenmimes Ecclectic LadyLand!!!



Hello, I'm Angelique a.k.a. 'Drunkenmimes Ecclectic LadyLand.

 I've been artsy and creative since I was a little kid, but beading is the one thing that stuck with me, and that I have put the most effort into. It's a good thing that I don't have any children because I'd probably forget their names while I'm busy doing my crafts.




The bulk of my practice has been in the last two-three years, and I enjoy the challenges of trying to 'step outside the box' to create new designs. I like to think that I have a lot of different styles to choose from-every piece is one-of-a-kind, but I'm slowly evolving.




One medium I find particularly exciting is polymer clay. The possibilities are infinite, and there are some jaw-dropping creations by incredibly talented polymer clay artists who inspire me. The effect that I love the most is the "watercolor look" that can be achieved with alcohol inks. I ordered some online, I'm waiting for them in the mail, and it's all I can do to not tackle the postman and demand he hand them over.





Thank you reading my ramble, and if you want to check out my latest creations in my studio, it's drunkenmimes.artfire.com I also have a blog here Ecclectic LadyLand on Facebook, and Twitter

No comments: