Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Featured Artist Tuesday"

Hello! Today is Tuesday so you know what that means...."Featured Artist Tuesday"! I really love doing these and showcasing the wonderful artisans, their indivial uniqueness, and creative talents....let's you all see that these are honest, down home, people like you and me, putting their talents to good use and working very hard to give us quality, one-of-kind and sometimes amusing handcrafted goodness!! So give some love and check there shops and/or blogs...   

~Peace~

Today's featured artist is....drumroll......


Hello, my name is Shannon Schow and I started making jewelry in 2008. I started
out making jewelry for myself since I have a rather small wrist and could never
find bracelets that fit.

 I went on to make more jewelry and then my friends started telling me I should sell some of this jewelry. I started selling my items at very small craft festivals.

 I do want to say my favorite kind of jewelry to make is custom. Many friends and customers come to me with an idea of what they want and I go from there and design a piece.

Every time I make a custom piece it makes me so happy because they always love the piece, plus it's one of kind. I am now into wire wrapping and trying to perfect my skill in wire wrapping. I am also working with clay and it's many uses.

 I want to learn metal smithing and cabachon making. I also paint with oils but I still have not listed any of my paintings on the web. I have sold a few but I want to concentrate more on my jewelry and paint for a hobby.








You can find Shannons's shop at....


She also has a wonderful blog at....

Shannon's a proud member of...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice feature ... I learned a little something about Shannon. I also love the items featured ... those earrings are beautiful!

Dina said...

I love your blog, I am one of the hostesses of the Leap Out of Your Box Challenge, that you signed up for. I cannot find a comment with your email or twitter. We are putting together a list in order to stay in touch, and if you were to win I need a way to contact you. Please come by and leave me that info http://www.familysanityreviews.com/2010/09/leap-out-of-your-box-challenge-starts.html

Custom Jewelry said...

Gosh I didn't even realize that people left comments for this feature. I am just now reading them lmao! Thank you ladies and I can now see how my jewelry has evolved. :) Dina I don't even remember that challenge lol. I do now have links for email and such on my page but I will stop by your blog just to say hello.