Monday, November 29, 2010

Herbal Remedies For Extra Energy

Hello There!

As I see it, this is a time of the year when extra energy is a must! How about, instead of filling your body up with "energy drinks" that have alot of sugar, you read on and learn a few herbal remedies for a natural, no "crash" energy burst?

~Peace~






Herbal Remedies For Extra Energy



The hectic pace of modern life can leave you tired and run down. When you need more energy, ensure you're getting enough rest and have a wind-down period before you sleep so that you wake refreshed in the mornings. You can also look to the natural, stimulating properties of herbs to keep you motivated and positive.


Herbs can be useful for increasing your energy by stimulating both body and mind. Rosemary and lemon balm activate your mental processes and increase memory power. Tonics, such as ginseng treat the whole system and work best if used for short periods. Stimulating herbs such as sage, thyme and cinnamon help you to live to the full and enjoy total well-being.






Herbs for Extra Energy




Lemon Balm~The citrus-scented leaves of this plant are used for colds, insect bites and stings, insomnia, depression and exhaustion. The fresh fragrance acts as a stimulant and the leaves can be used to make a delicious tea.

 Add the leaves and blossoms to your bath for an instant awakener.









Strawberries~The vitamins and citric acids contained in strawberries help to ease the digestive system. Eating the fruit enhances feelings of well-being, and their delicate flavor combines with other fruits for a delicious energy booster that stimulates your spirits as well as your body. Add to herbal tea or to wine for a hedonistic drink.








Ginseng~This herb acts as a tonic for the nervous system and is a potent pick-me-up. You can buy ginseng tea or take it as a concentrated liquid. Avoid using other stimulants such as coffee while taking ginseng, as this can overload your system.









Cinnamon~Cinnamon helps to increase your energy as it has a tonic effect on the system. It is also useful for respiratory and digestive problems and for depression. Boil a small chunk of cinnamon stick in hot water to make a tea or add it to any other herbal infusion for extra zest.






Sage~Known for its healing effects on sore throats, sage is useful for the entire digestive tract, fever and chest problems. It has a stimulant, astringent, neural and tonic effect, and the dried leaves, when burned as incense, purity the energy of the room.

Add 1/2 cup of sage leaves to a bottle of red wine, leave for a week and then strain and drink a small glassful daily to give yourself more additional energy.










Thyme~The tonic and stimulant effects of thyme and its distinctive fragrance raise your energy. Add the leaves to your cooking, especially in fish and soups, for a quick lift. Suffuse your home by placing thyme sprig in each room.







Stimulating Thyme Footbath




This footbath utilizes the stimulating properties of thyme, lemon balm and rosemary to create an aromatic and invigorating footbath, which will help bring tired feet back to life and leave you felling energized and perky.

To create this footbath you will need:



  • Hot water
  • Lemon balm
  • Thyme
  • Rosemary
  1. Fill a bowl or footbath with hot water - should be able to put your feet into it without feeling any discomfort.
  2. Add sprigs of lemon balm, rosemary and thyme and leave to cool for a few minutes.
  3. Soak your feet in the water for 10 minutes and breath deeply.
  4. Rotate your foot about the ankle and curl and uncurl your toes to gently awaken the muscles.


Oh that footbath just sounds wonderful, does it not?
Are your feet hollerin' at ya, saying "give me, give me"? 

Well this the end of today's post; I would love to hear what 'ya think, so if you have time
drop me a line....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give birth to be familiar with a only one of the articles on your website in the present circumstances, and I really like your fashionableness of blogging. I added it to my favorites net period roster and last will and testament be checking stand behind soon. Divert repress out of order my orientation as well and fail me know what you think. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I just added your feed to my favorites. I really enjoy reading your posts.

Anonymous said...

I give birth to read a insufficient of the articles on your website trendy, and I definitely like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites trap page file and will be checking assist soon. Will repress into public notice my position as highly and vindicate me conscious what you think. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I have be familiar with a only one of the articles on your website at this very moment, and I unqualifiedly like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites entanglement period muster and disposition be checking promote soon. Will repress out my put as highly and vindicate me be familiar with what you think. Thanks.

Sherri Lynn Herrmann said...

Thank you both very much! It pleases me that you enjoy what I love to do!

~Peace~

Anonymous said...

伟大的职位。等不及要读下的:)

Anonymous said...

Really like the graphical design and navigation of the site, easy on the eyes and good content. other sites are just way too overflowing with adds.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great information! I would not have discovered this otherwise!