Bringing you informative, fun information regarding Mind Body, Spirit and Emotion. Natural Healing recipes for people and pets, homeopathy Magic, Love...... Brought to you from Tiger Eye Designs~Handcrafted Jewelry Made With Peace In Mind....
I am really excited (again) as today's post is going to be super duper special.....
Have you ever wanted to go to a day spa, but the rediculously hight prices took the need right out of the want?
Well read on my loyal followers, because today I am going to show you how to enjoy your homemade herbal health spa!!
So clear some time off your hectic schedule and grab a babysitter, (well you probably don't want to "grab" her if you want her service lol) we are off to the spa!
How To Enjoy A Homemade Herbal Health Spa
Nothing dulls your complexion and your mood more than stress. If you've had a hard week at work or with the family, try to make some time for yourself on the weekend.
A couple of hours of pampering and you'll begin every week feeling radiant--inside and out!
Natural ingredients can be used for creating wondrous beauty treatments, as well as for improving your health. With a little herbal know-how, you can use kitchen cupboard staples, such as vegetable oils, herbs, and spices to create cleaners and moisturizers that will nourish your skin and hair.
You don't have to limit yourself to kitchen ingredients either---beauty treatments can also be found in the garden. Rose petals, lavender heads, and other flowers can all be used to make refreshing facial tonics.
Quick Herbal Beauty Tips
Dry Hair~Dry hair can be moisturized with oil or sesame oils. Massage a teaspoon of either oil thoroughly into your scalp, through to the ends of your hair.
Leave on hair for at least one hour for a brilliant conditioning treatment
A Dull Complexion~A dull complexion can benefit from a nourishing face mask made from chickpea (gram) flour, a pinch of salt and some honey.
Gram flour has amazing deep cleansing and nourishing properties, while the honey will soothe and moisturize you skin.
Tired Eyes~Tired eyes can be refreshed by covering each closed lid with a slice of cucumber.
Step By Step Herbal Spa
For your homemade health spa you will need the following ingredients
Olive or Sesame Oil
A pot of heavy cream
Fresh lavender flowers
Ground Sea Salt
1. While wearing a bathrobe, spread towels on the floor as some ingredients might drip. Then, massage a tsp. of olive/sesame oil through your hair and wrap it in a warm towel for one hour.
2. Mix a moisturizing face mask of cream with mashed avocado and apply thinly to your face.
Leave on for 15 minutes, then gently rinse off with lukewarm water.
3. Sweep rosewater toner(see recipe below) across your face with a cotton ball. It will wipe away any remaining traces of your face mask.
Then run a hot bath and sprinkle in the lavender flowers. Wait 10 minutes for the lavender to infuse into the water.
4. Mix a tbsp of the oil with 4 tsp of sea salt while waiting for the lavender to infuse its fragrance. When the water temperature is comfortable, slip into the bath. Soak for a while, relaxing amid the fragrant scent. Massage a little of the salt mixture at a time onto your body using a wash mitt.
5. It should now be time to shampoo the oil out of your hair. shampoo and rinse your hair with your normal shampoo until it is squeaky clean. Then condition. Your hair will feel very soft.
Finish your spa treatment by showering away any residue from your sea salt scrub with warm, then cold,water to boost your circulation.
6. Now that your body is cleansed and exfoliated, massage in a moisturizer or
some sesame oil. After your own homemade spa, it should be time to put your feet up and relax with a glass of wine!
How To Make Your Own Flower Toners
You can make a refreshing floral face toner from many garden flowers, such as rose or lavender. To make a real old-fashioned, Victorian rosewater toner, follow the steps below:
1. Pick the petals from fresh roses that are in new bloom.
2. Put the petals in a bowl and cover them with boiling water.
3. Cover the bowl with a linen cloth and leave for a couple of days.
4. Pour into a bottle and refrigerate.
5. Apply across the face with a cotton ball after cleansing to soften your skin.
You can substitute the rose petals with lavender flowers
What a wonderful way to relax inexpensively!
Maybe you can invite your friends and have a spa night once a week..